No, I’m not dead and I haven’t quit the blog (again). I’m just finding it difficult to write in the cramped quarters I currently inhabit on The Emerald Isle.
Late summer has always been the slowest time of the year in terms of site traffic and client support, so I decided to make use of the lull to do some site-wide clean-up—replacing dead YouTube video links, reorganizing the main menu and getting rid of various distractions due to quirks in WordPress. This involves re-opening and editing over five hundred posts—not the most exciting work, but I hate it when things aren’t nice and tidy.
And there are some great pubs in Cork to help me recover from the tedium.
It looks like the hot, sticky and stormy weather in Nice will ease up by mid-September, so I should be back to weekly posting around then. One review is about 80% complete and I’ve been listening closely to the albums I intend to cover this year, so I’m hoping it won’t take long for me to get back in the groove.
Here’s what I’m planning for the rest of the year, in no particular order of appearance:
- The Sundays, Reading, Writing and Arithmetic
- Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
- Miles Davis, Bitches Brew
- Gang of Four, Entertainment!
- Billy Joel, The Nylon Curtain
- The Strokes, Is This It
- Duke Ellington and His Orchestra, Masterpieces by Ellington
- The Pentangle, Basket of Light
- The National, High Violet
- Sleater-Kinney, The Hot Rock
- Thelonious Monk, Brilliant Corners
- Sleeper, The It Girl
- The Shins, Oh, Inverted World
- Song Series – Atypical Love Songs (or something like that)
- And at least three more Song Series posts
And no, that’s not a caricature of me. My eyes are green and I have better tits.