The Honeymoon Series is an unusual mix of wedding day stories and reviews of music we heard on our honeymoon. What makes this series unique is that it features albums by artists I’d never reviewed before, including some that had been on my no-fly list for years.
Alicia and I were married in early May 2023 near our home in Nice and honeymooned in Biarritz, San Sebastian and Bilbao. In addition to performing a vocal duet at our wedding, we encountered all kinds of music on our honeymoon, in clubs, cafés and on the streets. The idea of doing the Honeymoon Series came about because I wanted to memorialize our experience while stretching my musical boundaries.
The Honeymoon Series
- “Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes”: This piece combines the wedding announcement, a succinct account of our wedding day and why I came down with a bad case of wedding day jitters.
- “Whoa-oh Baby, Back Where I Belong”: A quick overview of our honeymoon and the rationale behind the reviews in the series.
- Led Zeppelin, Physical Graffiti
- Creedence Clearwater Revival, Chronicle
- Elton John – Honky Château
- XTC – Drums and Wires
- Pearl Jam – Ten
- “Full Circle – End of the Honeymoon Series”: A closing piece that takes us back to our wedding ceremony, featuring a full review of the song we chose for our wedding song.
I should point out that the picture above is somewhat misleading. It does depict a blonde (me) and a brunette (Alicia), but those tits look like D-cups and Alicia and I are both C’s.