This site features over 300 music reviews I wrote during the years 2012-2014, covering popular music from 1926 to the present. The reviews are grouped into two major categories shown in the top menu bar:
- Classic Music Reviews cover 1920-2010.
- Contemporary Music Reviews cover the period from 2011 to the present.
Here’s how to navigate the site:
- If you’re looking for a specific album, the easiest way to get there is by entering the album or artist name in the search box on the right-side menu.
- Classic Music Reviews:
- Click on the Classic Music Review button to go to an overview of my work with music from 1920-2010.
- Under that button is a submenu listing eight artists whose work I’ve covered more extensively than others: The Kinks, The Beatles, The Stones, Jethro Tull, The Moody Blues, Oasis, Richard Thompson and The Who. Click on the artist name and you go to a page summarizing my work. Hover over the name and you’ll activate a submenu showing all the albums I’ve reviewed. Click and you’re on your way!
- Contemporary Music Reviews: These are reviews of albums released in 2011-2014.
- Unappreciated Gems: These are reviews of great albums that escaped public notice, particularly in the United States.
- Genre Buttons: Next you’ll see menu buttons for genre-based browsing. I’m not too fond of genre classification, so my genres are rather broad.
- Series Buttons: I did several special series on fascinating musical phenomena: The British Invasion and American Counterattack, Motown and The Psychedelic Series. I also did a series on great female artists, called The Great Broads Series.
- À Propos de Moi: This is the “about me” page.
Thank you very much for visiting. Enjoy!